Saturday, May 2, 2009

School Bus Education

The future of education is not in the classroom, but on the school bus. We need to forget about veteran teachers, new textbooks, or renovated buildings. We need to put our money into school buses !
The reason I say this is that when I ask my children how school is, they tell me stories about things they saw or heard on the school bus. It also seems that the principal has visited the school bus more than she has their classrooms.
Instead of helping them with their homework I find myself answering their "school bus" questions. Why did the principal come onto the school bus and why did the bus driver raise her voice. My answer is consistently the same,"because children are bad".
Who would have guessed that education is better served in a mobile classroom during a 20 minute ride?

No comments:

Post a Comment